Dosing & PrescribingJump to Prescribing Information
For women who want contraception only when they need it, Phexxi® is convenient and easy to use1,2
Phexxi works immediately upon administration
After application, 1 dose of Phexxi2:
- will last up to 1 hour
- provides protection for 1 act of vaginal intercourse
Instructions for your patients2:
- Intravaginally administer the contents of 1 pre-filled, single-dose applicator of Phexxi before each episode of vaginal intercourse
- Administer an additional dose if intercourse does not occur within an hour of administration
- An additional dose of Phexxi needs to be used if vaginal intercourse occurs more than 1 time within 1 hour, the same way a new condom would be used for each episode of vaginal intercourse
Review the Instructions for Use and find helpful patient resources in the Resource Library.
Take a personalized approach to contraception with Phexxi
What will patients get in a prescription for Phexxi?
Patients using Phexxi may refill 11 times per year
Not actual size.
Writing a prescription for Phexxi
PHEXXI VAGINAL GEL
Sig: Administer 1 applicator intravaginally immediately before or up to 1 hour before EACH act of vaginal intercourse as needed.
Dispense: # 12 applicators (60 g total)
Phexxi vaginal gel is off-white to tan in color and is odorless and tasteless.
Not actual size.
Phexxi has no contraindications2
- However, Phexxi should be avoided in women who have had recurrent urinary tract infections or abnormalities, or are using a vaginal ring. Phexxi should also be avoided if the woman or her partner is allergic to any of the ingredients in Phexxi
- Phexxi may be used with latex, polyurethane, and polyisoprene condoms; and vaginal diaphragms. Avoid Phexxi use with vaginal rings